Nutanix Acropolis 5.9 is ready for download
Following Nutanix software release roadmap, today Nutanix released Acropolis in version 5.9. Acropolis 5.9 is STS (Short Term Support) software fork.
What’s new in Nutanix Acropolis 5.9
Nutanix AOS 5.9
- AOS 5.9 supports the NVIDIA Tesla V100 16 GB GPU in AHV clusters running AHV-20170830.171 and later compatible versions.
- Support for VMware ESXi 6.7ESXi 6.7 is supported on clusters running AOS 5.9 and Foundation 4.2 or later. Foundation 4.2 is bundled with AOS 5.9. See the Compatibility Matrix on the Nutanix support portal for NX platform details.
- RRDMA for Nutanix NX G6 Platforms
Remote Direct Memory Access RDMA provides a node with direct access to the memory subsystems of other nodes in the cluster, without needing the CPU-bounded network stack of the operating system.
AOS now supports metro availability when running on Hyper-V 2016. For more information, see the Prism Web Console Guide.
- Rack Fault Tolerance
Rack Fault Tolerance is the ability to provide rack level availability domain. With rack fault tolerance, redundant copies of data are made and placed on the nodes that are not in the same rack.
- New redesign menu
- Nutanix Karbon 0.8
Karbon 0.8 is a turnkey solution for deploying and managing Kubernetes clusters using Linux containers. Karbon comes with a web console that simplifies the deployment of Kubernetes clusters and contains a built-in Kibana add-on for logging and event monitoring. For more information, see the Nutanix Karbon 0.8 Guide.
Nutanix Prism Central 5.9
- Nutanix Guest Tools Bulk Operations
With the Nutanix Guest Tools (NGT) bulk operations feature, you will be able to select multiple VMs in Prism Central VM entity browser and install, manage, upgrade NGT on these VMs.
- New Settings Menu in the Web Console
Hybrid Cloud Management
- Nutanix Calm supports Azure.
Linux Powershell Gateway
- Prior to Nutanix Calm 5.9, for windows automation, you needed to deploy Karan service into a separate windows VM. Nutanix Calm now comes with support for Powershell on Linux, doing away with the requirement for a separate VM. The blueprints which were earlier created by using pre 5.9 Karan are still supported. However, these blueprints are not automatically migrated to use the in-built Linux PowerShell gateway. .
- Nutanix Calm task library enables you to save user-defined tasks (scripts) that can be used by other application blueprints. By using existing user-defined tasks you need not to define the same tasks again. A task listed as part of task library can be shared across different projects.
- Nutanix Calm Release Notes