NIACTool aka RVTools for Nutanix AHV is ready to download
NIACTool aka RvTools for Nutanix AHV in version 2.9.4 is ready for download.
Last year I did discover a fantastic tool called NIACTool, post was very popular, people were downloading tool and find it very useful. Gues what? The new version is out. If you know RVTools for VMware vSphere and you are looking for a similar tool to help you collect inventory from your Nutanix AHV clusters. NIACTool is the tool you are looking for. Runs on Windows and Linux (in beta). You can run it against Prism Central or single Nutanix PE. It does collect plenty of useful information about:
- cluster configuration
- AOS version
- AHV version
- Ip addresses
- VM configuration
- IP addresses
- disk usage and capacity
- vCPU and RAM
- storage container
- Storage Containers
- Protection Domains
And many many more very useful information.
NIACTool version 2.9.4 release notes.
- GUI optimization.
- Improved cli. (securepass)
- Timeout set to 180 seconds.New option to define timeout inside the GUI and cli(Minimum 60s).
- Support for users with role viewer on prism element.Tested in AOS 5.15.x, previous versions may not work.
- Better display of information in most tabs.
- Support to encrypt password and execute by cli without exposing the password (Secure cli).
- More information in the following tabs:VM INFO (vm storage size & vm storage consumed)
- VM NETWORK
- VDISK ADVANCED INFO (DISK CONSUMED, SSD TIER CONSUMTION & HDD TIER CONSUMED)
- New tabs with more relevant information:VM-IP ADVANCED (shows all ips and relevant information about vnics)
- IPAM MANAGE (Relevant information on the use of IPAM networks, IPs in use, available, etc.
Full list of changes can be found in developer website