How to add graphic into Nutanix Prism welcome banner
Nutanix Prism Element (PE) and Prism Central (PC) have the option to enable and customize welcome banner. Before users log in, they can read welcome banner and accept it. In the welcome banner, you can provide all information required the company’s security guidelines. You can customize message format using HTML code. As of today, I thought it is only possible to display a customized test to the user. However, today I found on Nutanix internal forum how to display graphics.
- Prepare graphic, cannot be bigger then 460×400 if you do not want users to scroll down welcome banner message.
- Go to website http://base64online.org/encode/
- Make sure check box “Format as Data URL” is checked
- Copy and paste generated block onto Welcome banner HTML code section
Copy and paste below code into welcome banner configuration window. Replace PASTEBASE64HERE with code generated by website.
<img alt="Image description here for the visually impaired." src="PASTEBASE64HERE"/>
- Check “Enable banner” checkbox
- Preview changes and if everything looking good, Save changes and that’s it.