Acropolis 5.8.2 and LCM 2.0 released
Nutanix released new versions of AOS, Prism Central and LCM (Life Cycle Management).
Acropolis 5.8.2 – what’s new
Prism Central 5.8.2
- Improved AHV management
- Improved and optimized Active Directory authentication
- Improved Prism Gateway
- More info see Prism Central 5.8.2 release notes
Acropolis OS 5.8.2
- Acropolis File Services
- API enhancements between AOS and AFS
- You can now successfully upgrade File Server from version 2.2.1 to 2.2.21 on AOS version 5.6.2 using the Prism UI.
- AHV management
- When you use Prism Central to update an image on a registered cluster, the value of spec_version in the metadata of the image gets incremented on Prism Central but not on the cluster.
- For more information read AOS 5.8.2 release notes
- Application Lifecycle Management: Automates the provision and deletion of both traditional multi-tiered applications and modern distributed services by using pre-integrated blueprints that makes management of applications simple in both private and public cloud.
- Customizable Blueprints: Simplifies the setup and management of custom enterprise applications by incorporating the elements of each app, including relevant VMs, configurations and related binaries into an easy-to-use blueprint that can be managed by the infrastructure or DevOps team.
- Nutanix Marketplace: Publishes the application blueprints directly to the end users through Marketplace.
- For more information read Nutanix CALM 5.8.2 release notes
Life Cycle Manager 2.0
LCM 2.0 supports the following hypervisor versions, for AOS 5.8.2:
- For Nutanix NX platforms:
- ESXi 6.0, 6.5, and 6.7
- Hyper-V 2012R2 and 2016
- For Dell XC platforms:
- ESXi 6.0 and 6.5
- Hyper-V 2012R2 and 2016 (SATA DOM only)
- Improved Module Management
- LCM now uses a catalog service for module management. This reduces overhead for transferring modules, which results in improved performance, especially during upgrades.ENG-116150
- This release implements an auto-update feature for the LCM framework. (Auto-update does not apply to any components, only to the LCM framework.) You can enable or disable the auto-update.
- When auto-update is enabled, LCM checks the Nutanix portal once a day to see if a framework update is available. If an update is available, LCM downloads and installs it.
- When auto-update is disabled, LCM does not do a daily check for framework updates. Instead, LCM checks for framework updates whenever you perform an LCM inventory. If an update is available, LCM first warns you that proceeding with the inventory will update the framework; then downloads and installs the update; then performs the inventory.
The LCM framework no longer appears as an available entry for update in the GUI. There is no path to update the LCM framework outside the auto-update feature.
Which version of LCM you use depends on the version of AOS you have installed.
- AOS 5.8.1 and earlier: LCM 1.x
- AOS 5.8.2 and later: LCM 2.x
For LCM 1.x, see Life Cycle Manager, 1.x Branch Release Notes.
For LCM 2.x, see Life Cycle Manager, 2.x Branch Release Notes.