Work from home not only during COVID-19
We are witnessing a digital transformation. I’m sure it is not the way we like it, but it is happening. More and more enterprises and small businesses are moving to work from home model. Tools like Webex, Zoom, Microsoft teams, Slack and many others are becoming essential for day-to-day communication and collaboration. DaaS offerings like Nutanix Frame which let your employees work from home, work securely from anyplace and any device.
I had my “digital transformation” when I joined Nutanix, back in June 2014. Before joining Nutanix I was always working from the office. I have to admit, the first 6 months wasn’t easy until I figured out the daily routine, thought kids I’m at home but I’m working and bought some necessary equipment like an external screen, mouse and keyboard, office desk. After so many years working either from home or at the customer site, I have no issues switching to 100% remotely (including workshops with customers).
Over the course of the past 6 years, my home office has grown. A few weeks ago I did a post on LinkedIn with latest home office upgrades. I did receive a lot of feedback and questions about the equipment I’m using for my day-to-day
Home office equipment
- 72″ tripod for virtual workshops and video recordings
- Logitech Brio 4k – I bought it back in 2019
- Studio lamp with 5500k bulbs
- Whiteboard 6′ x 4′ from Staples pricing ranges from $120 to $200+
- 1byOne USB Microphone – cheap alternative from more expensive hardware like Yeti (bought it 2019)
- Green Screen background ($120) – very useful during videoconferencing (virtual backgrounds) and video recording (I have not decided if I will keep it or send it back).
After so many years of working from home, I do not see myself working from the office every day. I just cannot. When I work from home I found I’m much more productive, I can focus on the work in 100% and I’m close my family whenever they need me.