VCDX – Video and presentation available online
Video and presentation from my first presentation at VMworld are now available online. If you are planning to go for VCDX or have planned VCDX defense, take few minutes out of your time and go watch my presentation. The content in presentation is based on my experience during VCDX defense as well on my VCDX defense preparation.
Advises in a pill:
VCDX application and documentation
- use real case design if possible, if not, make it partially fictitious (change customer name, IP, host names etc)
- there are several initiatives like EMEA VCDX study groups – there are study groups for other geographical areas
- make sure that all required information from VCDX blueprint are in design – very, very important – otherwise your application will not be accepted by VMware
- before submitting design, send it to your friends or ideally to current VCDX holders to review
Prepare for defense panel
- Mock defense – it is the best way to prepare yourself for VCDX defense – organize mock panels with your peers, colleagues, try to invite VCDX holders if possible.
- answer on questions shortly, do not make stories around, just nail it 🙂
- PowerPoint presentation – VCDX candidates should prepare PowerPoint presentation for defense, presentation is aimed to be an introduction to further discussion with panelists, you are not getting any points out of your presentation so make sure that:
- do not overestimate it, include only the most important information
- maximum from 3 to 5 slides
- reserve from 5 to 7 minutes for presentation
- create backup slides – you can add to presentation backup slides with visio drownings, IP tables, global overview – whatever might help save a time during defense
[box type=”warning”] Remember, more time you spent on presentation less time you will have to answer panelists questions. More question you answer – more point you earn !!![/box]
Any comments are welcome and hopefully you will find it useful. Enjoy !
BTW, if you have any particular question about VCDX and you can’t find an answer, use twitter or email me.